News flash: The government and the media are engaged in a giant game of recycling and hyping the same old, worn-out, phony issues for those who are inclined to take them seriously. Some examples:
- Something must be done to stop Iran from developing a nuclear weapon. We must impose tougher sanctions. We must enter into more talks with them. We must let them know how much we love them. The truth: Iran, like Pakistan, North Korea, Russia, and other nasty nation-states will have nuclear weapons — lots of them.
- We must have more Mideast peace talks so Israelis and Islamists will learn to like each other and live side by side in peace. The truth: There will never be permanent peace between the Israelis and Islamists. Do you really need more than 4,000 years of history to be convinced of that?
- We must crack down on illegal immigrants, even as our presidential imposter issues an executive order to effectively give amnesty to 800,000 of their children and files lawsuits to help them become permanent residents. The truth: All illegal immigrants will become citizens of the United States, just as Ted Kennedy envisioned when he authored the Immigration Reform Act in 1965. It’s just a matter of time.
- How will the Supreme Court rule on Obamacare? The truth: It doesn’t matter. In time, we will have universal healthcare — far more extensive than Obamacare — regardless of how the Supreme Court rules.
- Then there’s the never-ending G-20 summit meetings. It’s enough to make one bite his fingernails to the quick. The truth: It doesn’t matter how many summit talks member nations have, they’re all going to go broke anyway.
- And the question of whether or not Eric Holder will be held in contempt of Congress is more anxiety than I can bear. Or will he actually (Gasp!) be forced to resign? Shame on you if you’re wondering why no one ever talks about criminal indictments for nonelected government hacks who violate the law and thumb their nose at Congress. The truth: It’s all a game, which is why Holder will continue to stall and make a mockery of Congress’ investigations.
The list of phony issues that cause the media to constantly wring their hands — issues that are intended to keep comatose Americans enraptured — is endless. But the truth is that the outcomes of these overhyped yawners are already known.
It’s akin to a perpetually recycled reality TV show — pure entertainment for those who believe Ice Road Truckers and The Celebrity Apprentice are real life. The idea is to distract Mr. and Mrs. America from the issues that politicians will do anything to avoid.
Many men and women come to Washington with sincere intentions to roll back big government, lower taxes, get rid of federal agencies and employees, free the U.S. of its dependency on foreign oil by utilizing our natural resources, “reform” entitlements, and, above all, get the government to abide by the Constitution. But few of them get very far without becoming entranced by the hissing allure of the government serpent that urges them to take a bite of the government apple.
And once they bite, they find, to their dismay, that it’s rotten to the core. By that time it’s too late, so they end up embracing the corruptocrats on Capitol Hill and joining in the handwringing over the same phony entertainment issues we see day in and day out.
Now, if the government and the media ever wanted to look into a really serious issue, they could start by asking why no one has ever been allowed to see the original of Barack Obama’s birth certificate — or even his college papers. But don’t hold your breath. The Beltway Country Club feels much more comfortable talking about G-20 summits and never-ending Mideast peace talks.
You have permission to reprint this article so long as you place the following wording at the end of the article:
Copyright © 2019 Robert Ringer
ROBERT RINGER is a New York Times #1 bestselling author and host of the highly acclaimed Liberty Education Interview Series, which features interviews with top political, economic, and social leaders. He has appeared on Fox News, Fox Business, The Tonight Show, Today, The Dennis Miller Show, Good Morning America, The Lars Larson Show, ABC Nightline, and The Charlie Rose Show, and has been the subject of feature articles in such major publications as Time, People, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Barron's, and The New York Times.
To sign up for his one-of-a-kind, pro-liberty e-letter, A Voice of Sanity, Click Here.
Comment Policy: We encourage an open discussion with a wide range of viewpoints. Make your case passionately, but please keep your comments civil and to the point (maximum of 1500 characters). Obscene, profane, abusive, or off-topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked.
If your comment does not appear, it is likely because it violates the above policy or contains links or language typical of spam. We reserve the right to remove comments at our discretion. Thanks for your participation.